Sunday, June 13, 2010

class clowns


We headed down to the Natural History Museum yesterday to check out the new exhibit that opened this weekend. Since we go there all the time, the rules were to not learn anything new this trip and only take weird and silly photos.
Dad I know what you are thinking- don't judge.
Siena wasn't feeling it at first- she was still doing the "I'm so cute- look at me" pose so we had to get her in the mood by pretending to feed her to a shark:)
The people that were actually trying to enjoy the museum (whatever) were giving us some pretty weird looks. We've decided it's because they were jealous of our mad photography skills- I mean who wouldn't want a picture of the best looking dinosaur impression ever ...

We ended the trip with a walk through Ancient Egypt and king Tut's tomb. They have a real mummy set up with a super cool x-ray thingy (technical term) that lets you see through the wrappings and check out all the bones and shriveled skin. Siena always asks to see the broken leg (yes she remembers the weirdest stuff) and it was hilarious to hear the people who looked after us whispering about how the mummy DID have a broken leg and "how did that little girl know that?" We just let them think she was a genius....we've only looked at that mummy about 50 times- details, details....

Brandon failed the mission by learning what a trilobite was (I couldn't help myself), but I'm declaring victory for myself because I left just as stupid as a when I arrived:)

1 comment:

The Boyd Family said...

Love the picture of Siena in the shark's mouth. Seriously. I was cracking up!! Miss that little girl.