Sunday, June 13, 2010

Check out those clouds! Since the weather has been cooling down out here the last few days, we decided to venture out of the house (fondly called "the cave" during summer) and check out the orchard that's only about 3 blocks from the house.
Most of the stuff they grow isn't ready yet- but we did score a HUGE bag of apricots, which I love, so I could have cared less about the squash and tomatoes... healthy stuff blah blah blah.
It's a pretty long walk to check out the whole thing... and you know Brandon wasn't asking the farmer guy we saw working for directions. Siena was convinced the best trees were always down the "next row" and we both left with a few blisters to show for it:)
We left with about 8 pounds of fruit so some jam-making is definitely in our future.... or I'll just eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but you all know what that leads to.....












1 comment:

The Boyd Family said...

I'm totally inspired by your shorts. They are adorable. (And your legs don't look too twiggy either!) :) I'm tempted to cut off my favorite pair of jeans just to make some shorts. But maybe I'll save that until it's not 50 degrees everyday..