Thursday, July 1, 2010

20 things in 31 days

So I have been asked by my lovely sister to participate in a challenge for the month of July- and by "asked" I mean "insisted, demanded, and blackmailed" (Katie I love you don't be insulted).
I have to come up with a list of 20 things that I will accomplish in the month of July. It is suppose to be things that will somehow enrich my life or make me a better person. I've decided that always doing what you are suppose to is overrated and most of my list is more about things I've always wanted to do and having fun! I say "most" because I couldn't completely rebel... it's just not in me folks.
Without further adieu the list!
  1. cook 2 meals inspired by a culture that I am unfamiliar with
  2. fillet a fish (but Brandon is cutting off the head)
  3. reach out and make a new friend
  4. reconnect with an old friend
  5. actually finish a knitting project
  6. go to church as a family
  7. plan a surprise date for just Brandon and myself
  8. exercise 30 min EVERY single day
  9. find joy in something small
  10. get up to watch the sunrise
  11. make a special dessert from scratch
  12. do something completely spontaneous
  13. spend 1 whole day doing what I want to do and nothing that I should do
  14. grow something....and not kill it
  15. learn to play the guitar...or at least a few chords (it's a start)
  16. put together an emergency kit
  17. re-read a book I loved as a child
  18. do something that makes me uncomfortable
  19. send a care package to someone in need
  20. think of one more thing for my list (open to suggestions)

I have no idea how many of these I'll actually accomplish... maybe I should add "be more optimistic" to the list...

3 comments:

The Boyd Family said...

That's a great list! I secretly haven't posted my list so I could steal some of your ideas. :)

Vanessa said...

What a great sister you are, being drug into this and all;) Great list...keep us updated!

Ange said...

Love this list...I think you should add:
- Cook corn on the cob 5 different ways
- Plan a trip to see your friend, Ange, in Seattle

:)