Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blast from the past

In honor of my lil sis's birthday today I was digging around in some old photos. Nothing like someone else getting older to make you think about the fact that you are also no longer a kid. For the record I have always really liked being the oldest- it meant no hand me downs, first dibs on pretty much anything, and nobody being too surprised when I'd get bossy (I mean the oldest are suppose to be that way). However, it definitely also come with a price. You have this crazy desire to protect your younger siblings, help them, and the thought of what your life would be like without them is un-imaginable. Luckily, you don't realize all this until you get older or else we'd miss out on all the fun torturing and teasing we do to them growing up.
So to my Sis-
I will always want to protect you
to have fun with you
to be silly and share inside jokes
and to have you as my best friend.
My life would not be the same without you.
And who else could you count on to put a picture of you rocking PeeWee Herman shorts on the internet. Big sisters are good for that sort of thing...

I love you!

1 comment:

The Boyd Family said...

Ok- you made my cry! :) I love you tremendously, and I'm so, so, so, so lucky to have you as my sis. I mean, who else would I call everyday to talk about random, meaningless stuff? Can't wait until we can live close again and our little shrimpies can have sleepovers. Miss you and love you!