Thursday, September 9, 2010


Siena has the sniffles and for some reason whenever she is sick I feel the need to make her soup. I can't lie- I love soup any time, in any weather so it was a good excuse:) I didn't make it exactly by the recipe since I didn't have a few things, but it still came out great. Who knew a recipe from a kid's cookbook would be so good!
Alphabet soup
3 green onions
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
handful green beans
2 tbsp veggie oil
1 can (15oz) stewed diced tomatoes
4 small bouillon cubes
4 cups water
1/2 cup alphabet noodles
1 can cannelloni beans
garlic
*you can substitute 4 cups chicken or veggie stock for the water and bouillon cubes*

1. Heat oil in soup pot over med heat. Chop and add veggies and garlic. Saute until tender (about 10 min). Add tomatoes, beans, water, bullion, and noodles. Cover and turn to low- cook 30 min stirring every once in a while. Salt and pepper to taste. Delish!

No comments: