Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tea time

I'm a complete sucker when it comes to crafting. Everyone knows this about me but especially my daughter. She gets these crazy 4 yr. old ideas in her head and then says "mom, can you make _________ for me!!!!!" and I, being the complete sucker that I am, always say yes. These days it has become a little more challenging- like when she decided she needed a Cinderella dress for the "ball". Couldn't I just whip one up for her???? I can't ever say no because she completely loves everything I make her. She does the whole " MOM! It's perfect!!!!!! Just what I always wanted!" Seriously. Her exact words. This kid has me down to a science.So the latest project: A tablecloth and matching napkins for her tea set. This only took about 10 minutes and was totally mindless (thank you serger!) The fact that it kept her busy for about an hour (so I could work on something else I've been trying to finish) made it worth it.... and the fact that I got to see her in that hat- she tells me it's only for tea parties.

No comments: