Thursday, February 7, 2008

Too much time on my hands...




A gal in my knitting group just happened to have her birthday fall on the night we meet, so I decided to make cupcakes and thought these would be appropriate. I can't take credit for the idea because I actually got it from this blog. I thought they were pretty festive and were really fun to do! I used fondant to "knit" the scarves, swatches, and roll the yarn balls and needles. I have never worked with anything like this before and I always like to try new things. The fondant tastes pretty gross- well it doesn't really taste bad, it just doesn't taste good. We had a great time and luckily there was a couple left so I ate them for breakfast the next morning:) I don't think cake or cupcake decorating is anything I would want to do as a hobby, but you never know when it might come in handy...

1 comment:

The Boyd Family said...

Those turned out really cute!!! Good job! :)