Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Festival of lights


It's that time of year already!!! Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas madness begins. Of course I say that in the most endearing way possible because I can't get enough of it! This past weekend we went to the Festival of Lights. The first official holiday event of the season:) It is a park that has been transformed into a Christmas light spectacular. You sit in your warm car, order hot chocolate or apple cider, and listen to Christmas songs as you look at all the lights. Siena was amazed and I kept thinking about how last year, when we took Gavin, he kept saying "pretty lights, pretty lights!" We made a huge batch of rice crispy treats- not really a holiday food but they sounded soooo good. It was a wonderful start to the holiday season. The best part is all the proceeds go to charity so you are doing a good thing AND enjoying yourself:)

4 comments:

The Boyd Family said...

I'm sad I missed it! :( I love the Festival of Lights!! Looks like fun!

kwagner said...

i miss you. that festival was amazing. but the rice crispy treats were better.

Julie Hibbard said...

Courtney,
So good to catch up with you and Katie through your blog! I found you on Ange's blog! Your daughter is beautiful and you are too!
Please tell your mom I said hello!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.